The EU financed TACSO 3 project is pleased to announce the forthcoming EU Western Balkans and Turkey Civil Society Forum 2022. We are inviting CSO leaders and experienced civil society activists as well as representatives of grassroots CSOs to apply as contributors to the Forum sessions and as participants of the event.
The Civil Society Forum 2022 (Forum ’22) will be held on 8 – 9 June 2021, in Skopje, North Macedonia, in the form of a hybrid live and virtual event. A limited number of up to 120 participants will be selected for live participation in Skopje. The virtual/online participation will allow further active video involvement in all Forum ’22 sessions.
The Forum ‘22 will gather civil society representatives (including non-profit media organisations), public authorities, EU representatives, donors, and other stakeholders in the area of civil society development in the region of Western Balkans and Turkey. It will discuss the current state of affairs for CSOs in the region, as well as joint actions on the part of the EU, public authorities and civil society that would address the identified challenges.
The main objective of Forum ’22 is to launch, present and discuss the follow up to the revised EU Guidelines for Support to Civil Society in the Enlargement region (2021-2027), which have been extensively consulted with civil society in the past two years and revised based on the feedback received and new developments.
Furthermore, the Forum ’22 will be an opportunity to:
- Provide a space for sharing and understanding the impact of recent developments on the work and development of civil society in the region;
- Explore the role of civil society in the priority areas such as the Green Agenda; Rule of law, good governance and anti-corruption; Human rights, anti-discrimination and poverty reduction; and CSO cooperation with the media.
The official language of the event is English.
EU funding support will be provided through the EU TACSO 3 project to enable civil society and national authority representatives to participate in the live event in Skopje, North Macedonia. Funding support will be provided to a maximum of one person per participating organisation.
Participation is also welcome from others who are engaged in civil society development, such as bilateral/multilateral donors and international organisations. In this case, we would ask such participants to pay for their own travel and accommodation.
Live participation at the Forum will be limited to 120 participants in total.
In selecting participants to be funded, EU TACSO will look for a balanced representation of CSOs, taking into account the following:
- Representation of CSOs or CSO networks from the WBT region working specifically on one of the three specific objectives promoted by the EU Guidelines for support to civil society (2021-2027) – i.e., a conducive environment for civil society, strengthened cooperation and partnership between civil society and public institutions; and reinforced CSO capacity and resilience;
- Presence of CSOs or CSO networks representing marginalised groups, and young people;
- Representation of CSOs or CSO networks contributing specifically to sectors highlighted in the agenda;
- Geographical balance of regional representation;
- Gender equality and diversity;
- Participants’ readiness to actively contribute to the Forum ’22 breakout sessions (i.e., conducting a presentation, facilitating the particular session, sharing experiences, acting as Rapporteurs, and similar).
Please indicate clearly in your application your readiness to actively participate in the event either live or online.
Please review the draft Agenda document for more information on the key topics of the panel and breakout sessions HERE.
EU TACSO 3 project will cover direct costs of the selected participants in the Forum ’22 live event including:
- Travel costs;
- Full board and accommodation.
All prospective participants and contributors from CSOs and CSO networks from Western Balkans and Turkey are invited to apply by using the following application form.
The final agenda of the event and related logistical details will be provided prior to the event.
Should you have additional questions, please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.