EU TACSO 3 is organizing online Training Programme on ‘Volunteering for Social Change’, that consists of training and mentoring on voluntarism for interested organizations in Albania. The objective of the training programme is to increase the knowledge and skills of CSOs in Albania to comply with the legal requirement on voluntarism, to increase their capacities to engage citizens in volunteerism projects and programmes, and promote activism.
This activity consists of two full days training course on volunteering for social change that will be conducted on November 9 – 10, 2020 and is going to cover the following topics:
- Volunteering – a tool for active citizenship;
- Legal requirements on voluntarism and responsible structure/institutions for monitoring the Law implementation;
- Roles of local government, civil society and other local stakeholders for promoting the voluntarism;
- Forms and practices of voluntarism;
- Culture and incentives of voluntarism and volunteer management;
- Impact of voluntarism in community and society development.
After the delivery of the training course, mentoring will be provided for up to 10 representatives/trained organisations that could potentially have a follow-up activity to implement with a focus on activism with engagement of volunteers.
Interested CSOs should apply by filling in and submitting the Application form. The deadline for application is extended up to 5 November 2020, 17:00hrs CET. In order to ensure effective training with in-depth approach and practical exercises, the number of selected CSOs will be limited (up to approximately 30). Each CSO can assign one representative to attend the training. The selection will be made by EU TACSO 3 based on the following criteria:
(1) CSOs working/ targeting mainly youth;
(2) CSOs that are currently engaging volunteers in their activities & projects or have experience with volunteers in the past;
(3) CSOs that intend to engage volunteers in future;
(4) CSOs that are interested to learn / increase their information on volunteering Law in Albania;
(5) CSOs that have already established some level of cooperation with other organizations in their area.
Participants will receive certificates after successfully completed the training.
Training programme will be delivered by prominent experts, in Albanian language.
The Call in Albanian is available here.
Technical Assistance to Civil Society Organizations in Western Balkans and Turkey (EU TACSO 3) is an EU-funded project in the Western Balkans and Turkey (www.tacso.eu). EU TACSO 3 aim is to strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs) to actively take part in the democratic processes and to stimulate an enabling environment for civil society and pluralistic media development.